If you have never traveled with two small children, the following picture might be difficult to imagine. We are not leaving civilization, but we don't like to buy much at the local grocery store in Red River due to inflated prices. SOOO, we take as much as we can in the way of canned food, chips, drinks, diapers, coolers full of meat, etc.. These totes are packed full of that kind of stuff! We also have several suitcases of clothes that must find their way to the mountains! And did I mention that we are pulling a trailer with the Sami, a dirt bike, and whatever else we can fit? I've set up a diaper changing station on the 3rd row seat to avoid smoky, truck stop bathrooms along the way! That Yukon XL has sure come in handy!

I was able to sneak away yesterday and cash in a pedicure gift certificate that I received from my former job share partner. It was fabulous! Edee immediately noticed that the polish on my toes was different, and wanted her toes painted. This was the first time I had ever attempted it and amazingly, she was very still! I used a very faint pink color in case she decided to wipe it on the carpet! HA!

We had a playdate this morning, so I decided Edee and Reed would sport some patriotic attire. Apparently, the other mommies had the same idea because all the little girls were in red, white and blue, too!

My friend, Ashley, has a business called Basic Couture. She sent this awesome blanket for Reed and a precious dress for Edee! Her website is
http://www.basiccouture.net/ if you are in the market for some fabulous custom clothing! She also sets up in-home parties!

It has been raining and raining for the past few days here. We are so thankful for each and every drop!
No comments:
Post a Comment