Saturday, June 12, 2010

I DID IT!!!!!

I did something today that I have been dreaming about AND dreading for the last 7 weeks: I took both of my babies to Target AT THE SAME TIME! The three of us have ventured to a few play dates at someone's home, but today was the first time that I took them both to a store by myself! I know that may seem uneventful for some of you, but the thought of it was a little overwhelming for this mom of two little ones! I even showered, put on real clothes, dressed my babies cute and made it out the door by 9:30! WOW! I just have to shave off 2 and 1/2 hours and I'll be able to make it to work on time come August!

OH! And things went so well at Target, I made it to Tuesday Morning! Edee was a complete and total angel! She brought Minnie Mouse, and they enjoyed looking around and calling out the names of everything they saw or just saying, "What's that?" Reed cried in his carseat at Target, so we used the Ergo Baby at Tuesday Morning. What a difference! He slept in it and never made a peep! I'm learning what works best for everyone!

My sister found these pictures from the Walt Wilkins & the Mystiqueros show on Facebook and tried to get me to join. She gave up and sent them to me via e-mail. It is not that I am against Facebook or have anything to hide, I just know my personality. I'm very afraid that I could get caught up in looking for people or checking to see what EVERYONE is doing. I just can't be tempted with another "time vampire" at this point in my life. (That is Eric's term. I love it!)

Anyway, that is Eric and I front and center! Are we mesmerized or what???
Okay...we're off to a 3oth birthday party for a friend. I remember when I turned 30...barely! ;-)

1 comment:

Caryn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Go ahead and check super mom off your list :) I know how hard it is sometimes with just one.