Just before we left the house he heard that we were going to see my VERY favorite band, Walt Wilkins and the Mystiqueros! I pulled this picture from the internet. I think we were actually closer to them than this! NO JOKE!
I didn't reserve a table since I wasn't sure if we would be able to go. We found a table at the back of the room, which was behind the bar where people were standing. I was disappointed but was determined to make it a fun night. Not two minutes after we sat down, a couple came in and told the girls at the door that two of their friends weren't able to attend. She pointed us out and they said they would be happy to share their table with us. We introduced ourselves and started making our way to the table.Out of the bathroom walks Walt! He comes up to our table mates and they all hug. They say, "These are our new friends, Eric and Wendee." He shook our hands and said, "Hey, I'm Walt. Nice to meet you." AS IF I didn't know who he was! DUH!!
We proceeded to their table and it was front and center! We tried to act gracious without appearing to be completely OVER the MOON! We later learned that Leslie and Bill live in Royse City, which is on the east side of Dallas. I told her I grew up in Mesquite and she announced that she did too! We were at rival high schools, but we put that aside quickly! :-) Turns out that Walt and the Mystiqueros played at their wedding almost 2 years ago. We had so much fun visiting with them and hope to see them again at another show!
The music was INCREDIBLE and just when we thought things couldn't get better, Walt announced some of their upcoming stops, one of which was New Mexico. After the show, we asked John. another Mystiquero, where they would be playing, and they will be in Red River at the Motherlode while we are there!!! WOO-HOO!! We spent the drive home brainstorming our babysitting options in Red River. Fortunately, we have lots of wonderful friends in town who will be able to ensure that we have ANOTHER awesome date night in the very near future!
For those of you not yet fans of the Mystiqueros, here is a clip of one of my favorite songs. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment