Thursday, May 27, 2010

Splish-Splash! Mommy got hosed!

After seeing how much fun our friend Cooper was having on his new splash pad, I took a trip to Big Lots to find one of our own! Our Big Lots didn't offer that particular water toy, so I settled for this option: Let's just say I had to do some modifications to get the arch to stand up somewhat straight, and the slide was more unstable than I would prefer for my little princess BUT we made it work. She woke up from her nap yesterday and was so surprised to find her own little "water park!" Her teeth were chattering and she kept saying, "It's cold," but she snapped back quickly with a "NO!" when I asked her if she wanted to get out!
SOOOOO, after looking online I found that Target (but not MY Target, of course) carries the splash pad that I was originally looking for! I made a trip to Cedar Hill this morning and spent another chunk of change to buy what I should have searched harder for in the first place! I'm going to set it up later and have it ready for post-nap play. She's now going to expect a new water toy/pool every afternoon, I'm afraid!
I could set them all up and open my own toddler water park! ;-)

1 comment:

Caryn said...

what a lucky little girl! :)