They called us back to pre-op pretty quickly, where we met all the nurses and doctors who would be taking care of our little man for the 25-30 minutes that he would be out of our hands. They had a little red wagon that I wheeled him around in until the doctor and operating room were ready for him. (I wish I had a picture!) He also met the anesthesiologist (who took care of Mommy a time or two when she's had procedures there), and his name was Dr. Phil. He was SO good with our little guy and the two of them were really fascinated with each other! (Another photo I missed! :-( ) Daddy was sure to get some extra snuggles before they took his boy away.
As soon as his procedure was over, we could hear him crying all the way in the waiting room. Our doctor was trying to update us on what they found, but the poor nurses were ready for me to get back there and feed that starving baby! Basically, the left ear was in the worst shape. There was "debris," which I'm assuming means ear wax, that had to be removed first. Then, he found that the ear drum was 3 times thicker than normal due to scabbing that had to be removed. There was also a large amount of thick fluid. The right ear still had fluid but was not as bad. He was so happy to get out of there! He fell asleep in the car and spent the first hour at home snuggled on Mommy's shoulder. I didn't mind that one bit!
His doctor said his little ears would be very sensitive to sound now that he can actually hear! I know he has heard us before because he would copy certain sounds we would make even if he couldn't see us, but I'm sure his hearing has greatly improved now! He took a long nap, but was happy to see sister when she got home from school! He was back to his old tricks of playing with her toys when she wasn't looking!
His doctor said his little ears would be very sensitive to sound now that he can actually hear! I know he has heard us before because he would copy certain sounds we would make even if he couldn't see us, but I'm sure his hearing has greatly improved now! He took a long nap, but was happy to see sister when she got home from school! He was back to his old tricks of playing with her toys when she wasn't looking! 
1 comment:
so thankful it all went well! love you guys!
Post a Comment