Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Doctor, Doctor...Give me the news!

I had to wake up this precious snuggle bunny for his appointment with the ENT on Tuesday afternoon. We saw his pediatrician on Monday, who recommended that we get the ball rolling on the tubes. We were able to get in quickly with the same ENT I saw this summer about my thyroid nodule. They had an awesome area for kids! It was like a little carpeted play pen with a spongy floor. Edee and Reed didn't mind waiting while they read books and played with huge Legos! Dr. Edee was ready with her medical bag to give us a second opinion, if necessary!
I think Reed is starting to figure out that this is not just a play date! He has that, "What's going on here?" look!!
He is going to get tubes next Thursday. I am very optimistic that it will relieve some of his discomfort, which in turn will allow him to sleep better at night. It breaks my heart that he has been suffering through ear pain since October! The doctor advised us that he may be having trouble hearing us well, and that we should really speak clearly and enunciate our sounds to make sure that he is hearing words correctly. Edee must have known this already because that is how she talks on a regular basis! She has been a very concerned and supportive big sister by accompanying brother to his doctor's appointments and advocating for his quick recovery! :-)

No comments: