Sunday, March 20, 2011

Big ol' garage sale!

The shop was transformed into garage sale central for the last week. This was taken as we were setting up a week before the sale. Believe it or not, more "stuff" was added as the week went on. By the time the sale day arrived, we had to create an additional clothes bar and line the driveway with many treasures! We had at least 6 plastic tubs of baby clothes! Most of those belonged to Edee Sue! I guess she never wore the same thing twice!
By Saturday afternoon, this was what was left of the clothes! Even though it looks like there are still many items, we sold a TON! I also sold Reed's bassinet and Edee's bouncy seat to my neighbor who is expecting a new granddaughter, and Reed's bouncy seat and play gym went to a friend in our playgroup who is expecting twins. It makes it easier for me to see things go to special friends rather than random strangers! I'm a bit sentimental about baby things right now!
Elkee was supposed to be guarding the cash box, but it was just too much responsibility for her!
If you look closely at the back of the shop, there is a small divider screen where we put some of Eric's tools and such that we wanted out of the way. We also put a small potty seat for Edee so she wouldn't have to get all the way to the house to potty. Well, she took full advantage of it and would disappear into her own little outhouse. At one point while the shop was full of customers, I looked to the back of the building and there she waddled with her pants around her ankles holding the little container to be dumped out. Another time, I found her sitting on it and said, "Did you have any luck?" to which she screamed, "YES! I pooped!" I'm sure that may have scared off more than a few customers! I know she will hate me for writing this later, but those moments are priceless!

No comments: