Monday, January 10, 2011

A Post with No Pictures...

...is better than no post at all, right??

Well, that is what we are getting today! I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and put things on my blog. Could it be two small children and a job? Throw in the holidays, and this is what you get!

Edee is as entertaining as ever! She LOVES her new school! It is the same school, just in a new(er) building. She knows all the letters and the sounds they make. It is such fun to have a conversation with her and watch her little mind work! She's a little OCD (definitely does NOT get that from me), and notices right away if something is different or if there is a change in the routine. Christmas was so magical for her and she was sad when she woke up from her nap to find that the tree had disappeared. She looked down the hall and sadly commented, "Our tree is gone." We took her to ride the train in the Stockyards that afternoon so she had something to focus on. We had a blast! She was obsessed with the Polar Express movie and wanted to watch it OVER and OVER! We weren't sure what we were going to replace it with now that Christmas has passed, but we recorded Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Saturday morning. BINGO! We have a winner! One more funny thing: Eric is usually the one to take her to Little Gym every week. We were watching gymnastics yesterday on TV and when Nastia Lukin (sp?) was performing on the balance beam, Edee asked, "Where's her Daddy?" I guess she thinks you shouldn't be on the beam unless your Daddy is holding your hand! OH! I love her!!!

Reed is my little charmer! He is demanding and knows what he wants, but he is still in love with his Mommy! It can be a challenge at times, but I can't imagine it any other way. He is starting to sleep better at night, which is nice but is also a little sad for me. I love cuddling with him and wrapping my arms around him. He is growing SO fast and I guess I get melancholy thinking about not having a baby around anymore. He is the BEST army crawler I have ever seen and can get just about anywhere he wants in record speed! He is eating more and more solids and prefers things that he can feed himself. He can now sit in the bathtub and splash with his sister. They both really seem to love that! He says, "Da-Da-Da" all the time and he even said "Ma-Ma" once over the holidays as I walked around the corner. I swear it is true and Eric was even there to witness it!

I am a blessed "Mommee" who is cherishing every moment with my precious little ones! Happy 2011!!

No comments: