Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Monkey Business

Mommy was able to have some girl time on Friday evening with a pedicure and dinner at Sushi Axiom. Some girls from my mom's group went out to celebrate Nikki's baby shower. Baby Mackenzie is due on February 15th! Out of the six of us who were there, four are pregnant! (I didn't take any pictures but I'm hoping to borrow some from the other gals.) Meanwhile, Daddy and Edee enjoyed pizza and strawberry ice cream, a new favorite treat for Miss Edee!

On Saturday, we met Randy, Allison, Clara Beth, Shanna B., Doug and Elaine in dowtown Fort Worth for the Stockshow Parade. Edee loved every minute of it! It was all animals and bands, and I was afraid she would get bored. Not this girl! She was outside the entire time with her daddy while I stayed inside to visit! She was asleep before we were back on I-35!
She modified her "cheer suit" with her new princess attire! (Thank you $1 Spot at Target!) I guess it didn't do the trick! What a disappointing loss for the Cowboys! She was over it pretty quickly once the Supercross was on Sunday afternoon! Besides, she was outgrowing her suit and Mommy was definitely not going to fit into her Cowboy's t-shirt much longer!
It would also appear that Edee is part monkey! After our day at the parade, I laid Edee down for a nap. She was awake and fussed a bit as I was leaving the room. This is not out of the norm and when she finally got quiet, I assumed she was asleep. WRONG! I went in to check when I heard what sounded like a knock on her wall. She was OUT of her crib and trying to open her bedroom door!! Needless to say, the crib bumpers have since been removed!
Then on Monday, she was playing in her room while Eric and I watched the news and drank our coffee. Once again, it was quiet in her room (not a good sign), so I went to check on her. She had climbed to the top of her changing table! It is a complete miracle that it didn't turn over on her! We quickly decided that a trip to the park was in order. She climbed, ran, played on the swings and went down the slide over and over in hopes that she would be worn out!
We have a friend who is going to give us a swingset/fort that his boys have outgrown. He lives about an hour and a half away and we haven't really been in a hurry to pick it up...until NOW!! I told Eric today that we were going to have to turn our garage into a modified version of the Little Gym! OH! And this all took place after we learned on Friday afternoon that the silica packets labeled "Do Not Eat" are actually not toxic to humans. Thank you, Poison Control! Is there really another one on the way?!?! Please take it easy on us, Baby No Name!

No comments: