Teacher in-service started on Monday, so that meant "Back to School" for Edee and Reed. Miss Edee was in a great mood when I woke her up at 6:30.

Reed woke up when I got up shortly after 5:00. He is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY a Mommy's boy! He wants to be where I am and spends a great deal of time just staring at me! He even loves me SO much, that he won't take a bottle! We have tried several different bottle types, but he will not have it! I will be working full days for the next 2 weeks, which means I will be making a lunch time trip to his school to put an end to his self-imposed hunger strike!

All in all, it was a great first day for everyone! Edee cried on the way to her classroom because she wanted to ride a bike that was on the playground. She had a good day once things got going and even had some success with her potty training! She was very happy to see Daddy at the end of the day but once again had a hard time walking past the playground! :-) Reed was sound asleep when I got there to feed him at 11:30. The room was dark, there was spa-like music playing, and all 4 other babies were asleep! It was so peaceful that I almost hated to wake him up! His teachers, Miss Neva and Miss Jackie, said the only time he cried all day was when they tried to give him a bottle. Little Stinker!! (On a side note, Miss Neva was Edee's teacher when she was an infant. She is a gem!)

I know this last picture is blurry, but I just thought it was precious! Eric sent it to me while I was still working in my classroom late yesterday. They were snuggled up together watching Mister Rogers after a BIG day at school! I am so blessed to work in a school district that values young families. My job share situation is ideal for us and having my babies in a day care operated by the district puts my heart at ease. I am actually excited about going back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment