Monday, October 24, 2011

Vail Vacay-Day 1!

Eric & I were finally able to use our Christmas present from Daddy & Christy, which was two tickets on Southwest. This was our first trip without kids, so it was tough to finalize plans. We decided to visit Jamas in Vail while the weather was so nice! We arrived after dark on Friday night and woke up to a gorgeous mountain view!


We decided to take a bike tour, even though I was not looking forward to riding bikes with three fearless biking pros! We drove J's van to the top of Vail Pass and one of his coworkers drove it back to town. I was the only one who wore a helmet! Shocker!


Here we are about to start the 18 mile ride!!


We stopped around the halfway point for snacks. Carter and Jamas were excellent tour guides and hosts!


The boys did a little panning for gold and Eric returned with a couple of rocks that contained sizable pieces! The ride was gorgeous and I am so glad they talked me into it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: