Monday, August 8, 2011

"If I Could Keep You Little..."


If you have small children and don't own the book with the same title as this post, you MUST get it! Get ready for a boo-hoo! We have read it to Edee several times, but last night it just hit Eric and I like a ton of bricks! Our little girl is growing up WAY too fast!! I love her with every piece of my soul and couldn't be more proud of her! She is such a curious little combination of her Mommy and Daddy! She likes to ride her four wheeler in the yard with her best buddy, Mia!
Blowing bubbles has always been a favorite past time, but now she wants to be in control and put on a bubble show for her brother! She is serious about it, which is a trait she does show from time to time. She had to sit in the "sad spot" the other day for being a little bossy to her daddy. When Reed tried to climb up on the futon with her, she snapped, "Reed, get down! I'm trying to sit in the sad spot!"
She loves a good "tea" party, and what better way to enjoy a cool cup of lemonade on a hot summer day!
We are starting a Mommy and Me dance class this fall, so she was so eager to try on some of her dance apparel! (Thanks to Jamie for loaning us ballet and tap shoes! Woo-Hoo!) She's my little Dancing Queen!
She had so much fun at the dance studio during registration that she didn't want to leave! "I want to stay and dance!" she cried as we were leaving! Just like her Mommy!

Last night as we were reading the book, she was so concerned that I was crying. I tried to explain that they were happy tears because she was growing up to be such a big girl. I guess I wasn't very convincing because as she said her prayers she ended with, "And God please help Mommy feel better!" LOVE...LOVE...LOVE her!!!