Saturday, April 4, 2009

Eric is back!!!

HOORAY!!!! Eric is back from Houston, and Edee and I are thrilled! He left Tuesday morning for a convention, so he was not able to be here for the new developments with my dad. My mom came in town quickly when the situation with my dad presented itself. I was so lucky to have her here for moral support and to help with Edee while I've been at Baylor!!

I was able to surprise Eric by having a guy come out and pressure wash the patio. We stained it ourselves a few years ago, but the freeze this year really did a number on it. It has been peeling and cracking, but we just haven't had time to do much with it. Eric has been so busy lately and still manages to be the best Daddy. If he wants or needs something, he buys it or takes care of it before I can beat him to it. I was so excited to be able to pull one over on him!!

I know that some of you may have not known the situation that was going on with my dad, Wally, so I probably caught people off-guard. He has been a cancer patient for the last 7-8 years. He is very active with skiing, golfing, etc., and has always had a positive attitude. He has gone through several rounds of chemo and radiation over that period of time. The bone marrow transplant is the next treatment option. He is able to do a self-donation because his marrow was clean and they extracted those cells in January. We have just had a bump in the road, but the transplant should still take place in May after he finishes this round of chemo. Please check in on his link for updates. I will try to keep this link about our little family, with the main focus being on the light of our lives...Miss Edee Sue!!! :-) Thank you for praying for my dad!!

Wendee

No comments: